Saturday, March 15, 2014

Grady's First Haircut

Once we finally got back from our whirlwind sick trip and everyone was feeling better, I decide to finally cut Grady's hair. He was 15 months at the time, and it needed cutting. I would've cut it sooner if I took him to a cute little barber who I knew would give him a great and simple cut. I couldn't do that here because I didn't want him looking like a lot of the kids' hair I see here. If I had pictures of that, you would agree! So, I sucked it up and finally cut those first few hairs, tucked them in a little bag and put it in his baby book. I chopped away. It didn't take too long because I was terrified of cutting off too much. It turned out ok but already needs more trimming. It's tough cutting a kids hair when he's constantly moving his head. Even a movie and a ton of Teddy Grahams can't completely stop that!

This is Grady's rat-tail as Britton called it, although it's not a single strand of hair. It was getting long. I'll give him that.
Before shot. Cute little baby.
And after. A little more kept. Showing off his baby blues.
I tried so hard to keep some of the hair on the side that was curling and flipping out. It was too cute to chop off entirely.
Sweet face.
He wanted to fix it himself.
I tried to layer it. I love the silky texture of his hair. Caden's used to be this way, but the texture changed. Now, it's all over the place. I have no idea how to cut his thick course hair. It doesn't grow out, it grows up! Oh man, if all my men's hair looks crazy, just forgive me :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment