Thursday, March 20, 2014

Home Lovin'

Stick with me people. I know I'm terribly behind on my posting, and it almost doesn't seem worth 'catching up' on us when we're not even close to what's actually happening. I have high hopes to get caught up. I might be behind on posting, but these kids are still cute and growing.

Caden and I are still doing 'Mommy and Caden time.' It's not as much as I'd like, but with all the sickness and stuff going on, it's been hard for anything to be consistent. Either way, we find time to do some fun stuff. Caden got some paints for Christmas, so he's been enjoying painting pictures. We each painted a rainbow. Caden is quite the artist ;)
I love this shot. It almost looks like they like each other :o) Kidding, kidding. They really do like each other and love playing together as long as the other brother isn't taking a toy.
Caden is always finding new ways to do things. Unfortunately, Grady watches him very closely and tries to do everything Caden does. This is not a good thing for a 1 1/2 year old to try and copy!
This isn't at home but it reminds me of home growing up. My aunt gave this jersey to us after Caden was born. It was her son's jersey of a famous Georgia player. It's still a little big, but I'm glad he can finally wear it. He likes wearing it too :o)
One of Caden's favorite things to do in the bath now is stick various toys on Grady. I love that he discovered he can do this. Makes for fun when trying to teach how to spell. Grady is learning things can be stuck to him too, so he's been sticking toys on his belly and laughing hysterically.
If Britton isn't home, I usually turn a video on for the boys while I get dinner ready. I have to put Grady in his chair or he'll get into everything he shouldn't. Caden has a tender heart and decided to pull up a chair next to Grady while they ate their snacks together.
I'm a home-body as much as one can be, especially in the winter. It's also tough getting out with both boys in our city. They can't just run around freely, and it takes way longer to get them ready to go, get them in the stroller, and walk to wherever we're going. Alas, I am a home-body. But once we finally can get out, they have a blast and it helps get some energy out. Grady particularly enjoyed swinging with me this day.
One night while at home, we got to have a visitor. One of Caden's best buddies spent the night at our house while her mommy and daddy had a nice break. They only lasted about 5 minutes in the same room. I love Caden staring at her. This is so their personalities. She's not sleeping. Britton was praying, so she was a good little girl and closed her eyes.
Pondering the long night ahead.
Pictures can be so deceiving. Grady didn't sit here long, but I took the photo op while they looked like sweet little brothers watching a movie together.
Classic look. Chocolate chip banana bread didn't make for the best breakfast. At least not to clean up.
For the New Year, some friends gave Caden some money, so we headed to Toys R Us where he quickly picked out this wooden school bus. He's obsessed with everything going to school, so it was appropriate for him to get an actual school bus complete with a bus stop, 6 students, and a bus driver.
Grady so badly wanted to wear Mr. Potato Head's glasses. He didn't even care that they were way to small.
We upgraded :o) I guess having to pay for the 3D glasses Caden broke in the movie theater paid off.
This kid is obsessed with balls more than any kid I've seen. We've heard him wake up in the middle of the night, say "Ball," then go back to sleep. He's gone up to Caden and squatted down as we're dressing him and pointed out the basketballs and soccer balls on his underwear. He will bend down looking under our couches and point to balls stuck under the couch when we didn't think one could fit under there. He sometimes will even point to our heads and say ball. If there's a ball or anything that resembles a ball you better believe there's a ball. He'll argue with you until you finally agree. Maybe we contributed to that when we got a ball pit. Here he is hoarding balls. Ha. We actually have 4 basketballs (different sizes), a world ball, an expandable ball, juggling balls, and other random balls.
You can actually tell he's saying 'ball' here. Too stinkin' cute.
Here's several videos if you want to just sit down and watch our kids being silly. The first one is of Grady enjoying picking his nose after recovering from the swine flu. Everyone loves a good nose pickin'! The second one is of Grady flying Buzz Lightyear around the room and making flying noises (for those of your wondering, my Christmas tree is NOT still up! I did leave it up though until the Lunar New Year-Jan 31st!). The third one is of Caden learning to do somersaults (he's quite good now!). The fourth one is of Caden and Grady enjoying a music book (I love how Grady anticipates dancing at every button). The last one is of Grady hoarding balls. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment