One thing I probably won't miss is the amount of flights we take. The day after our friends left, we took another quick 3 day trip to Hong Kong for a visa run. We have gotten so used to these trips. We have one more we have to take before going home in September! We actually hope to do that trip in a day. Yikes! We've gotten to where we can easily take a trip like this just taking our bookbags. Sometimes I feel like all I do is pack, but I guess that helps keep clutter out when you think about what you really need/don't need.
My kids are SO used to airports. Even Grady is used to it. Both Caden and Grady hop up on the scanner stool (whatever you call that thing) and insist on being further searched. Ha. Makes our security experience a little more light.
Our last few flights we've had Caden, Grady, and Britton all sacked out. I'm SO thankful for those kind of flights because it makes life a thousand times better. Can't wait for the 13 hour flight. Yay!
We took a train into the city once we got there. Always love seeing scenery from other places.
Grady has since had a haircut since this trip, but it's pretty mangy here. He was obsessed with kissing the mirror at our hotel because he recently learned how to make a 'pucker' noise. I have a picture of Caden doing the same thing in Hong Kong on our first visa run when we got here! Gotta love it!
The harbor view from our hotel
The view from our room. The tall buildings are endless.
We were there the week before my bday just like at Britton's bday, so we headed over to Outback and got our favorite dishes. Grady thoroughly enjoyed his spaghetti. So glad he's such an independent eater so we can enjoy our food :o)
Caden didn't want to take a picture with me and just made this face instead of saying 'cheese.' I don't blame him. It's not the most fun trips. We try hard to make parts of it fun, but sometimes it just can't be done. We basically had doctor appointments the whole time. Britton was told he might need his nose broken to sleep better at night. Grady had immunizations and a full physical. I had a full physical and moles scanned needing 2 removed later. Gotta love cramming medical stuff into one day. Not.
And back home we go. Grady got to sit in the luggage area on the train to the airport. We kinda dominated that side. Oops. I love his face here with that huge bag of imported goods behind him. Don't worry, it wasn't all the way full...just looks full :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment