Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The kids

Yay! What you've been waiting a month for! The time truly does fly. So cliché, but so true. These photos are as random as they come but have everything to do with your favorite little boys of Carnesville. Warning: incoming photos!

For my birthday, Britton's mom sent a package with lots of wonderful things in it, but she also sent the boys a few things. One thing she sent Caden was some new sandals for summer. His feet are so big. He's only 2 1/2 and wears a size 10. I feel like this photo shows how big he is. Even I think he's huge for a 2 year old...and this was 2 months ago!
 2 hams. Bath time is a love/hate tradition. You would think World War 3 begins every night when Caden realizes he must get a bath...like it doesn't happen every night! Then he loves getting a bath and playing with Grady. Then World War 4 begins when it's time to get out. Can't wait for the day he gets his own shower. Grady simply thinks the water is cool and is strangely obsessed with sticking his head straight down in the water.
So, one day Caden was being very quiet (too quiet) in our room, so I quickly ran in there to see exactly what he was doing. The sweet little thing had propped a pillow on his lap and was reading through all of his new books sent by Britton's mom. I love hearing him 'read' through his books and tell his rendition of how he remembers the story being told.
 This was a sweet moment where Caden was trying to be nice and read to Grady. Unfortunately, Grady just kept trying to pull the pages, which in turn made Caden mad. Now Caden's favorite thing to do is push Grady away from getting on the couch. I wonder why?!
 Also another sweet moment. It's funny because Caden wants to be just like Grady and Grady wants to be just like Caden. Here they're sportin' some new summer clothes.
 Hehe. Grady's being a little bully. I think it really was a happy coincidence that Grady reached for Caden when Caden turned his head and stuck out his tongue at the exact time I took the photo making it look like Grady's decking Caden.
 This was nearly 2 months ago, when Grady had started crawling and wanted to see exactly what he could do. I found this position most hilarious. Now, he's pulling up and walking along furniture!
 Two peas in a pod...what would we do without Apple?
 In May, Grady started sleeping on his belly. I always love when they start doing this to see their little tushies stick up in the air.
 So, when I do language in the morning, I watch Grady because Britton is out and we aren't quite ready to let our house helper watch him with Caden (she takes Caden out). Grady is getting more and more mobile, and it's getting to where I have to put him in a chair and give him a teething biscuit that lasts for at least an hour while he knaws on it. There are many days though when he will crawl into Caden's room or wheel himself in there in his pink walker and play. There really isn't anything in there that he can't play with and his big brother isn't there to take toys from him or push him over. It's always fun to walk in and see what he's doing. Sometimes he likes to just sit and stare at everything and have a look on his face like, "This place looks like fun."
 This is his 8 month photo. Such a big boy.
 Tackling. Wrestling. Every day.
 There's a fun play place we like to go to near our favorite western restaurant. I especially love it because there's this cute little swing that Grady loves and is content in the entire time we're there. It's kind of tucked away too, so a ton of people don't scream out "Foreigner!"
 Caden, my little helper. Last time Britton was out of town, we ran out of clean drinking water and it was getting too late to order more, so we went down to our corner store to last us the night. Caden was insistent on carrying them back for me. My little man.

1 comment:

  1. ok, i'm just catching up on your blog and let me just tell you an interesting piece of news. Maddy "the 5 yr old" wears a size 10! That boy has some big feet :)

    ReplyDelete