Friday, May 29, 2015

Easter and Friends

It's the end of May, and I'm writing about Easter. Better than not posting at all, right?! Eek. We really had a wonderful holiday celebrating our risen Savior and getting to share about Him.

We spent the morning with friends and had the BEST weather. That night we went out to eat with some locals and got to share about the amazing resurrection of our Lord. The lady I shared with is eager to move forward but is held back by her knowledge.
We went out to eat another night with our closest friends, and Grady randomly started using chopsticks. This boy lives for rice, and he'll eat it with any utensil you give him.
We also had some dear friends over that love on our boys so well.
I taught her how to make homemade bread. The people here love it. For the first time in my life, I feel tall :)
You know the boys love you when they reveal their true identity :)
I love their laughter. Brings a lot of light to our home.
We made some new friends that were passing through our city. I got to play tour guide for a day for them to roam around. I love getting to show people around and give them a good time. This is a famous spot and a must see.
They wanted to see what was up with the "bridal show." As it turns out...
...it was actually a candy show. This is popular candy made here and often given away at weddings (hence the brides). We got to watch them roll out the candy, mush it together, keep rolling it, then twirl it and put a stick in it...
...and this is what we got. It was still warm from being made and tasted very strange. It was fun to watch though.
So thankful for new and old friends.

1 comment:

  1. I don't mind that you're posting about Easter ;) I love reading your posts, so keep them coming, no matter how far behind you're posting.

    ReplyDelete