After getting our home set up, we began getting reacquainted with a "normal" schedule, friends, and our city. We actually quickly realized we had to establish a new normal. Britton was so wonderful to come up with an awesome schedule that helps us both refresh and go about our day in a healthy way. It's not always perfect (well, it's never perfect), but it's been really helpful so far.
Our new schedule has given me and Caden some sweet snuggle time. He's never been a huge snuggler, so I take it when I can get it. My sister gave him this book for his birthday last year, so it's been great to pull out these special books that were packed for so long.
Like I said in the previous post, Caden's old room was made into the school/play room. Everything is pretty new to Grady, so he has thoroughly enjoyed all the toys and new spots. I especially love when he colors. He gets so into it.
Caden and Grady have both love getting reacquainted with their superhero costumes. Well they never really missed them. I think Caden would live in these if he could or at least watch movies in them.
They loved seeing some of their toys (and slippers, ha!) that have been here for over 6 months. Love how they play together.
In the process of settling in, we started potty training Grady. Well, Grady has been potty training Grady. Ha. He has had an interest and wanted to use the potty, so we have been letting him!
He wore underwear for a few days but is now in pull-ups just to eliminate accidents in the midst of all the changes.
He almost always poops in the potty now!
One new thing we started was some regular chores. The boys earn coins for getting dressed, making their beds, and having good attitudes. Caden does so great putting his animals on the bed.
Grady is getting the hang of it too.
They both LOVE helping with the laundry. This warms my heart. I do think there will come a day when I won't be doing any more laundry!
Here's several videos of our fun times.
1. Grady doing the hot dog dance (more like a jig).
2. Doing flips
3. Being superheros
4. Playing with a friend at Burger King
There are some new places around town as well. We can walk to this new mall just 10 minutes down the road. It has some great little eating places, an awesome import mall (the one with all kinds of cheese!), AND a Starbucks. There's all this random art outside the mall. Caden thought this was so cool and wanted his picture taken with his bud in front of it. Haha. There's a giant apple in the background, and every time Grady sees it he says, "Look! It's the Big Apple!" If only.
It's been fun getting to see friends again. I love that our friend loves our new recliner. He told his wife he wants one. Haha.
These people are so sweet and obsessed with homemade bread. Ha!
We also got reacquainted with pizza and a movie night but on a much better screen (and with friends!)
Caden and his best bud have loved getting reacquainted.
I love when we have family sleepovers. The adults get to stay up late actually hanging out because it's the only time we can without kids. This is what happens though when you stay up late and get up early with kids. Coffee all through the night. I'm just thankful it's an option!
We've gotten reacquainted with some old favorite places too. Caden and Grady still love going to the arcade...so does Britton ;)
I've also enjoyed getting to see flares of our culture throughout our city. I always think it's pretty.
















No comments:
Post a Comment