The sun sure made our transition back a whole lot easier. We all enjoyed wearing sunglasses.
This is kind of random, but sunny days make me want to bake :) I made this giant reese pieces cookie for Britton's birthday. It doesn't look that big, but I cut it like a pie into 8 pieces and couldn't finish it between the 4 of us. It was so very good though, I think I'll go make another now :)
Sunny days practically beg us to come outside...so we do. I love that Caden begged me to wear his cowboy boots with his athletic outfit. They love playing on this rock and call it Skull Rock (after Jake and the Neverland Pirates). I just love that Grady showed me his muscles while Caden had a funny scared look on his face.
We also met up with the boys' best bud one day to play outside and have a picnic.
This may seem like a stupid picture, but it's just a happy reminder how glorious shadows can be. My mood is so much brighter on the sunny days. Gotta get that Vitamin D.
I love it when our schedule permits me to get out by myself and walk around. I loved getting to wonder my city again (even if it's to places I've been a million times). I've missed it.
It was SUCH a beautiful day and wonderful walk to my favorite coffee shop.
Our sunny days at home have not kept us from getting out some. It's been great going out on our patio even if it is covered in dirt. We have some fun school time and play time.
G loves pretend cooking...
Imagination.
Even inside, the light flooded in. Not much better than sun...other than the superhero book.
Sometimes dinner takes longer than planned and this happens...he also didn't nap. Precious boy couldn't stand it any longer. That's what a recliner will do to ya.
We have also tried having lots of picnics. The boys love having our lunch, school time, and sometimes movie time on our little blanket.
Snack time and the look and find book.
Even school time is sweet because the room is so well lit. Our power bill has been so cheap! So proud of Caden for making great steps with writing his letters and numbers. I'm just so glad he's interested.
We've had some great time in our complex. G has loved showing off his strength and everyone has been quite impressed.
I love that our complex has palm trees. With the sun on them it "looks" like we live in paradise! Haha.
Grady made some great friends one night. So sad they don't live in our complex.
They were so very sweet to him, and he wasn't shy at all.
So thankful for sunny days!
















No comments:
Post a Comment