Friday, July 17, 2015

My 29th!

My birthday was special in light of it being sandwiched between mother's day and our Anniversary. Poor Britton has it rough this month! We had a great day at our favorite little park and spared no expense.

We started out with the rinky-dinky water ride. It was Caden's first ride ever at this little park, and for whatever reason he's adored it ever since. Grady showed no emotion, but I love Britton's face here with the creepy pig glaring in the background.
Me and my sweet boy on the water ride.
Their other favorite ride is the caterpillar They love this little roller coaster.
Caden and Peyton love it too!
Real life. We always get stopped for a photo op.
Family fun.
Britton and I braved this ride first then Lauren and I went. We couldn't resist. It's so much fun! And we're stupid for riding.
Weeeee....

The view from the top of the scary ride. I like it up there...until we start falling! Who knew our city had so much green?!
It had been raining for a while but this particular day was beautiful. Well, the scary ride had some water left on it and it got on our pants. Britton said he was scared. Haha.
Last ride for the day was the carousel. I love that Caden opted out for the carriage instead of a horse.
Prince Grady enjoyed his ride.
We then headed to the river for a picnic and came across this cute couple dancing...with his shirt off. Never a dull moment.
Our picnic! Beautiful weather and sweet family. Good day.
We had a little bit of pool time later that day too.
And more friends time! Lauren made me a homemade chocolate cake and it was awesome. I love that they used our 6 candle to add to the other candles we had to equal 29. Bunch of goobers! Ha.
My birthday unfortunately ended with a fever, but I just needed some rest and was good. My mother-in-law sent me a sweet birthday package and so did my mom. They are always so thoughtful. I had ordered Caden some books to start learning how to read, and both boys absolutely love them. It's part of their daily reading now.
I also got these sweet Scripture memory cards. Love them and currently have them hanging in front of my kitchen sink...so I see them often :)

2 comments:

  1. Okay, i have to ask - where did the scripture verse cards come from? I am looking for something similar to hang over the kids' school tables ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They came from She Reads Truth. It's an App and you can order them right from there or google their website. The ones I have are flash card size but they also have 8x10 size. They are kind of pricey but so pretty. I like having those in my kitchen. Stay tuned for an update on what I'm doing with the kids and they LOVE it. And it's free! I might post something soon on Instagram about it :)

      Delete