As always, I had planned to do this post a while ago, but blogger has been acting weird, and I couldn't upload photos. I figured out another way, so I'm back to posting. It's never to late for Christmas, right? It's January 21st, and my tree is totally still up. Granted, we left a few days after New Years for 2 weeks and just got back, so it's not that I've just been lazy. We haven't been here. We really wanted to enjoy the holiday season this year with less hassle and be more laid back. Looking back, I'm really pleased with our time spent. It's really lasted about 2 months! It started, as you know, at the beginning of December with Britton's parents. We had a ton of skype conversations, spent time with friends, had a Christmas party, our own special celebration, then just yesterday (Jan 20) we opened our last Christmas package from my mom that was sent 8 weeks ago (sad postal service, sad!). So, we've had fun celebrating a little at a time. Here's some highlights of our Christmas party.
Last year, I made something like 200 sugar cookies for our Christmas party. I didn't want to see another sugar cookie for a while, and I didn't until this Christmas! We had around 40 people come to our party last year and really had no relationships come out of it. Since we have several close friends now, we wanted to have a smaller more personal party, so we invited 3 families and they all came. I did a half batch of sugar cookies for us to decorate, and they were super yummy. I actually want to make more now and not wait until next year! We had Christmas tree and star shaped cookies with green icing and red sprinkles.
We played a white elephant gift too. I got a bunch of different gifts varying from tea to platters to socks, but the best gift was a roll of toilet paper with money inside! Everyone seemed to be amused.
I got all the kids the same gift so there was no arguing if one took a gift from another. They got light up sparkly wands. They all liked them, especially Caden.
Here's our group. Britton shared the Christmas story, and we gave them all a gift when they left. These are our closest friends, and we were so glad to spend this holiday with them.


No comments:
Post a Comment