I love love love this photo. I love their smiles. I love their outfits. I love that they're holding hands. You'd almost think they were perfect little angels. Don't let those precious faces fool you. They are little sinners in angel's clothing!
And I love this photo of our family. We got a guy to take our photo when there was finally no one around, then this dude walks right through our shot. Grrr. Nearly perfect.
We went to the mall for one specific purpose. Christmas breakfast. When Britton and I married we agreed that I would make chocolate chip cookies every Christmas Eve and cinnamon rolls every Christmas morning. That was when I could get Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls. Life changed. No Pillsbury :-( Our first year here, I made cinnamon rolls, and I puked them up later that day. It wasn't the cinnamon rolls. It was a virus. I didn't want them again though. The next year we had gooey cinnamon biscuits. Close enough. This year we were going big. The big mall had a Cinnabon!!! I knew exactly what we were going to have Christmas morning. We bought these right out of the oven. That's not tempting! I also bought a box of 5 of their mini-bite cinnabons for us to eat early. We devoured them in less than a minute. So, Britton went back and bought a big one for all of us to share. It lasted a little longer. Maybe 2 minutes. Ha. Needless to say, Christmas morning tasted good! I'm hungry now.
Christmas Eve we watched 'Jingle All the Way' and ate domino's delivery. So yummy! And so fun.
And who doesn't love Betty Crocker's cookies?!
Since we were going to be spending a lot of money on this trip, we decided to go small with the gifts. Also, between our parents, we were all loaded up on gifts. So, we decided to draw names and get each other 1 special item. Here's our unwrapped gifts. And I liken our snowmen to stockings. Before we opened our gifts, we read the Christmas story and talked a lot about giving...how God gave His Son and how it is better to give than to receive. We want to give during this season, not focus on getting, because let's face it, the kid already got a lot! So, every time we passed by the same homeless lady on the street, Caden wanted to give to her. So, we let him. Gotta love a child's heart. We could all learn from them.
I helped Caden who had Britton's name. Britton got a flannel plaid shirt (that he wears all the time in our freezing weather) and some bball shorts. Britton helped Grady who had my name. He got me a Bangkok travel mug from Starbucks, which unfortunately got dropped a few weeks ago and broke :( So much for my gift. Britton had Caden and got him a Dusty Crop-hopper book with a Dusty Crop-hopper projector from the movie 'Planes.' He LOVES it. I love hearing him say 'Dusty Crop-hopper.' I had Grady and got him several block books with numbers on them and a puppy book. He's started counting and loves dogs. So, that was our Christmas morning. We had a BIG day ahead of us, which you'll see in the next post :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment