Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Underground Aquarium

We decided to go to the aquarium at the bottom of the big mall. We were able to get half off tickets online (score!). It was pretty fun and way better than the previous aquarium we saw, if you can even call it an aquarium. Both boys loved our time. We ended the day eating at Outback Steakhouse, so we all had a good day :o).

The aquarium is on the bottom floor, so they made the floor look like an ocean. They also have several characters dressed up as animals and dance every so often. Caden couldn't wait to get down there.
Everyone was obsessed taking their picture with this ugly looking fish. Guess we joined in.
Half way through the aquarium you can ride on a glass bottom boat over their biggest aquarium tank and see all the fish including sharks. Caden and I went. At first it was a little disappointing because the whole bottom of the boat wasn't glass...just a strip. But it ended up being really fun because we saw so many sharks, and the 'tour guide' was really funny and involved Caden a lot.
Caden got super excited once he saw the sharks.
Here's a video of the tour guide convincing Caden to ride one of the sharks. He said he wanted to ride the shark the rest of the trip! He's also obsessed with everything tackling and wanted the sharks to tackle. Oh boys. I'm sure everyone else in the boat was entertained. Or annoyed.
So intriguing.
Caden loved following/chasing the otters. I think the otters liked following him too.
After the boat ride, we kept going down until we were in front of the big tank we were just over in the boat. It was way cooler from above. This chair makes me think of the little mermaid.
Then we walked through the tunnel of the big tank. Those things are always cool.
Here's a video of the boys walking through the tunnel. I love that both of them have shoes lighting up. Easy to keep up with!
Ewww...a shark!
I love that the bottom of a stingray looks like a smiley face.
At the bottom level and last part of the aquarium before exiting was a playground, which the kids loved. They also had a tuktuk with an aquarium in the back. A dream for Caden.
love Grady's face
Upon leaving, we were able to convince Caden to greet the shark. I love his reserved hug.
I think he's really excited to take a picture with the shark but a little nervous too, hence him pulling away from the shark.
Aw, sweet Outback. Bread with honey butter, bloomin' onion, grilled chicken with melted cheese and bacon...bliss. Grady enjoyed trying to color. Caden watched a movie. Britton and I drooled over the food. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment