Saturday, May 3, 2014

Boys

I love my boys. They always keep me on my toes, and they know how to melt my heart. They both have been extra sweet lately. I think they've finally learned there's a difference from me and Britton. They know not to wrestle mommy but to love on mommy. Even Grady has been coming up to me all the time and giving me kisses. They may grunt, pass gas, pick their noses, and wrestle all the time, but they still love on me and that's all I care about. All my boys are good to me, and Britton especially is for giving me breaks to myself or to spend with other girls. I love my house full of boys. Wouldn't have it any other way.

This doesn't really have to do with boys other than the fact that they love all things sweet. I recently made these rich amazing little cookies from my favorite site: www.thenovicechefblog.com. They are peanut butter creamwiches, and they were soooo good. She recently just posted about strawberry chocolate chip cookies. Yummmmm-O. Too bad I can't get a box of strawberry cake mix :o(
I always try to do something at dinner time when Britton is gone. Not much conversation happens at the table when the oldest person you're talking to is 3. Although, Caden can certainly talk the ears off anyone. We recently had a picnic and watched Ratatouille while eating hot dogs. Fun times.
Grady LOVES putting other people's shoes on especially Caden's cowboy boots. He often goes over to the shoes, gets Caden's boots out and puts them on all by himself. I love that they are thigh boots on him. So cute.
I had to clean the bottom of the shoes because he was putting them on so much and walking through the house. Love him in this photo.
I have such silly kids. What else is going to happen when he gets bored sitting in his chair?!
I really kinda feel like I'm looking at a picture of myself.
Sometimes Caden and Grady have too much fun in the bathtub. They splash water everywhere causing me a wonderful time of clean-up, but it's worth all the giggles. I loved this particular night when the 2 of them kept putting their fingers in their ears. They just thought it was funny they were doing the same thing.
Love them giggling at each other.
Back when it turned warm (SO deceiving! It's cold again! In May!), Caden was able to sleep in shorts and a t-shirt, now we're back to long pants and long shirts. When it's cold, he sleeps in a curled up ball and barely moves in his bed. When it's warm, he sprawls out and moves around a lot. I'm pretty sure I wasn't this big until I was 8 or so. This is a big 3 year old!
If you knew me growing up then this picture will mean more. That's the baby doll that I got my first Easter. Yeah I don't care what people think about me having a 27 year old doll! When you travel all over the world you want something that feels like home is nearby. Grady wasn't feel well (what's new) and climbed into my bed one night when Britton wasn't here. He tucked himself in and snuggled up with baby. Again, it's like looking into my past! And no, he did not stay there!
I've been spending a lot more time with Caden lately with school time and sometimes taking him out on errands. I love that he's bigger now and can handle trips out a lot easier. We went to the store one day together but stopped in a yummy coffee shop beforehand to get some coffee (for me!) and 2 waffles. We both love one-on-one time.
Here's several videos of my silly Grady putting buckets on his head, walking around in my flips flops (my fav...he looks like a penguin!), and loving my bed.

I feel like I have a third son sometimes when we go out with Caden's best boy buddy. I love that they were both wearing their batman shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment