Every morning the boys get up and ask to go to the 'play room.' In GA, we have the big basement to ourselves. In Lancaster, we stay at a nearby home that's been perfect for our family and really feels like home. They love their little room with their table, the TV, and lots of toys. They eat breakfast at their little table and generally watch PBS kids. Britton or I usually lay back down on the couch :)
It was weird going to the mall at the beginning of November and seeing this! We hadn't even celebrated Thanksgiving yet! Still, after being away for 3 years it warmed my heart to experience every bit of Christmas. I never got tired of the decorations :)
My dad had the day off, so he took the boys to get their first pair of Nike's. I must say, I love their little shoes.
Then Gaga took them on a train ride.
Here's a video from their train ride.
Then we bumped into Santa?! That was so unexpected! I didn't think he would be out the first week of November! No one was there, and BOTH boys wanted to see him...even scardy-cat Grady that had just freaked out seeing Disney characters. I guess he really is a jolly guy.
That night we went to a Hibachi grill with Nana and Mommyo and Pawpaw. We all had a great time, and the boys were a hoot with all the fire. The food was awesome!
Here's the boys' reactions to all the fire. I love Grady's sweet little face. I love that Caden and Britton both couldn't catch the shrimp in their mouths. My dad and I were the only ones that could. Ha.
The next day we went to the wedding of my 4 year roommate from college. It was such a treat getting to see her. I got to see her again my next GA trip!
My roommate and former suitemates. Such a sweet reunion. We needed more time!
Our last week, we went to see Nana and ate breakfast at her complex.
Then the boys got to stick their feet in the heated pool. They loved it.
We spent the rest of our time running around the courtyard...Nana watched :)
The boys wanted to stand proudly in front of the American flag. Haha. Caden recently got to be the flag holder at Bible Study, and he was thrilled. So, now we're working on saying the pledge of allegiance.
I love when my boys want to sit still quietly and do something on their own. Makes me a happy mama.
Even though we hadn't even celebrated Thanksgiving yet, we started celebrating Christmas since we wouldn't be back until a few days just before Christmas. Gaga thoroughly enjoyed doing some crafts with Caden, and Caden surprisingly enjoyed it too! Gaga has the patience for it :)
Oh look! Pizza and a movie night again! It never gets old.
5 minute superhero stories with Coach (they usually take longer than 5 minutes!)
We got the first tree up of the season....the one in the boys' room. Gaga helped them get the tree up before we left. Little did we know what we'd return to!
Peace out GA...see ya in a few weeks!









No comments:
Post a Comment