Thursday, January 22, 2015

Normal Life?

When we got back to GA after a whirlwind of trips, it nearly began feeling like normal life. Unfortunately we brought a bug back with us and shared the love with everyone. My dad escaped the plague. My mom ended up in the hospital from a bad case of vertigo started from the bug. We were all puking. No fun. Other than that, we had a pretty normal few weeks with no big plans or much traveling. So thankful for restful time at home.

When we live overseas, we have pizza and a movie night every Friday. We've tried keeping up that tradition while here too, although we order the pizza instead of me making it (PTL!). I think my parents need one more remote.
It was time for a haircut for little man. I wanted to enjoy American services, so we went to a kid's barber!
Precious baby. We both loved his first 'real' haircut...just not the price!
We were more than thrilled that we could not only enjoy warm summer weather while here but also fall and winter! I have SO missed the colors changing and the awesome weather. I have NOT missed the allergies that come with it.
Yes, this is normal life, right?! Starbucks at the playground and Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Maybe this is why I've gained so much weight in 5 months!
This would be another reason for weight gain. American grocery stores. I've made it a hobby to roam the aisles for fun, just to see what's new and browse the varieties of every product :) The awesome car cart doesn't hurt either. The smells are also wonderful and what a grocery store should smell like...not like fish guts. Oh, and I love that I don't have to wait on a bus or taxi then still walk 1/2 mile to get to a store that probably doesn't have what I need. I'm so thankful for seats that strap my kids in and to jump in the car and go. Normal.
Halloween quickly approached, and the boys were so excited to wear their new costumes. They love dressing up. I love this shot of Grady pointing to the moon with his golf club in his Buzz Lightyear outfit. They wore these outfits for days.
Grady is shy but not at all afraid. He drives like his Gaga...running into trees and driving backwards :)

Hehe. Not much to say. Just precious.
And my cutie cowboy.
I love this. Grady's trying really hard not to smile.
There's so much more of an image that goes with this picture. First, I love Grady's face as he says, "ohhhh, the moon!" Second, I love Caden's sly look. Third, after I took this photo and my dad pushed the gas the back trailer tilted up sending Britton and the boys to the ground. No worries, no one was hurt...just Britton was a little sore from trying to save everyone :) Once we locked it securely, we headed down the street. 
We made it to nearly every house on the street (all 9 of them! Ha). The boys loved every moment because everyone gave them handfuls of candy since there were hardly any other trick-or-treaters. Good thing they forgot how much candy they got. (special note: this sweet couple has a tennis court that also happens to be where Britton asked my dad if he could marry me. Too bad my dad said no. Ha)
We made our rounds then headed home. My mom has never been so excited to have trick-or-treaters. She spared no expense on candy. After that, we went to Mommyo's neighborhood for more candy. We finished just in time for pizza :)

No comments:

Post a Comment