Thursday, January 29, 2015

Decorating and Thanksgiving

When we got back from our getaway, I started setting up for Christmas. Yes, a week before Thanksgiving. Shock and awe. Hatred. Call me cold. I just don't care. I love Christmas. I love decorating for Christmas, and since we were leaving the week before Christmas I wanted to enjoy our little decorations as long as I could :) We still celebrate Thanksgiving while we enjoy the pretty lights of Christmas :) So, up they go!

We borrowed our little tree from Nana. It may have looked like a charlie brown tree at first...
...but a little decorating goes a long way! It was so fun getting to use ornaments I haven't seen in 3 years...especially my tree skirt!
I've missed this most. I love love love my Willow Tree nativity and miss it so much. It's just too much weight to pack, but it was certainly nice enjoying it this season.
This is our traveling nativity for the boys. It's soft and light. They love finding Baby Jesus.
Our stockings go with us too.
And I've missed my wreath. I love this beautiful red wreath.
My aunt gave these to us at our Christmas shower before we got married. I always love setting them out.
The boys got to decorate their own tree with Mimi too. I love Grady's face.
Grady likes the tree.
Nana took us to a bed and breakfast to tour their home and see their live nativity. Santa was there too!
Family shot with Santa.
One with Nana and Mimi.
Always good seeing Mawmaw and Pawpaw. They loved showing them our Disney pictures.
Grady especially loved telling Pawpaw all about it.
I was so excited about the Thanksgiving Day parade. I don't know that I've ever watched the whole thing. I hyped it up to the boys and they were excited too. Well, I got to watch the whole thing, but it wasn't what I expected. That morning at 5:30am Grady woke up with a very high fever. We immediately got him in a bath and gave him some medicine. We got the fever down, but he was wide awake. We decided I would stay home with him and miss out on Thanksgiving with family that I had been looking forward to for many years. It was so tough, but we didn't want to get anyone sick. Looking back, I'm pretty sure it was just his 2 year molars coming in because he didn't have a fever again. Oh well! Santa came to town!
I literally took this picture seconds after he told me, "No, I'm not tired." Poor baby.
If I have to miss Thanksgiving with family, this would definitely be my second choice! Christmas movies sipping on peppermint hot chocolate with central heating. It was a different day, but the Lord really blessed me with some good quiet rest by myself. I'm always refueled by that.
The day may not have gone as 'planned' but I'm so thankful for this little boy and his sweet life. I'm fearful every time he's sick, but the Lord always reminds me to trust in His plans.
Sweet boy chowing down on my teething necklace.
Everyone got back from their fun day and shared the love!! Definitely the best meal of the day!
We finished the day watching "Free Birds" snuggled up together. Made me want some pizza :)
I love my family!
Happy Thanksgiving! Thankful for life and a purpose to live it!

No comments:

Post a Comment