Thursday, October 20, 2011

Caden's First Birthday, 3rd party

Monday (Oct 17), we celebrated a third and final time Caden's actual first birthday! What kid has 3 parties?! S.P.O.I.L.E.D.! We have been in a nearby city doing some language training and got to celebrate while here. The couple keeping Caden while we are in training made him cupcakes. He finally seems to be over some nasty sickness he got when we first arrived, and his appetite has just about tripled. We celebrated with several friends we met during training. We have had a great time here and are looking forward to getting back to our new home (it got painted while we were gone!). Here's some snapshots of my baby's first birthday!

In our hotel room after he woke up (he's been sleeping in a pack and play, although this night he got to sleep in our really comfy, king-sized bed because, I think, he was scared being in another new place). He's too darn cute. His pj's are a little long in the arms :o)
the cupcakes, a few gifts, and some left-over plates from his party in GA. the cupcakes were sooooo good.
Happy Birthday Caden!
This quickly turned into...
THIS! He did not play around one second. We barely got a picture of giving him the cupcake before he shoved it in his mouth...more like all over his mouth. What a mess!
He then proceeded to wipe the icing off his face and lick it off his fingers. He did not want any of it to go to waste. He looks like he has a beard.
haha...what a ham!
His presents we bought him in our city and brought with us
We got him a toy airplane (since he has spent a lot of time on several in the last 2 weeks), an etch-a-sketch, and a language fruit book. The Papa John's pizza wasn't a gift but dinner (we were so excited they had a PJ's in this city--it was expensive but soooo good!). We ate pizza again tonight, and the kid ate almost an entire 6 inch pizza by himself...growing boy!
I'm so grateful for my family. I have so many frustrations and stressful moments, but I hope I never take for granted the precious moments I have with them. I'm so thankful as I remember this little boy's birth into the world and hope his life will make an impact on eternity. I'm left speechless out of gratitude to our Creator for seeing fit to put Caden in my life. I look forward to days, months, and years to come to watch him learn, grow, and love. Happy Birthday, my sweet boy! I love you dearly.

2 comments:

  1. This was really sweet Tara =) Caden looks SO cute in his PJs. I like your haircut too! Last Sunday I went to the capitol of my province and they have a Pizza Hut there. It was 52 RMB and I was telling my friend how expensive it was. It's funny how $6.50 for pizza has become "expensive" haha. How is Britton liking the food?
    -Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I miss my little friend!

    ReplyDelete