Ever have one of those days when you just can't figure things out? I have those frequently now. I probably had them frequently before, but today I was reminded how inadequate I am and how much I need to depend on our Creator. Everything here takes three times as long and most things must be made from scratch. With language learning, meals are hard to arrange when they sometimes take several hours. I'm finding out more and more each day and reminded of the joys of patience, but I am taken care of indeed. Tonight, I broke down out of frustration feeling like I could do nothing. I was reminded how blessed I am and how I am so provided for. Britton was so great to encourage and help me. I fixed hamburgers tonight. This seems like something that should not be stressful, but I had to consider the fact that I had to make buns from scratch (which usually takes 2 or so hours and it was 5:00pm), thaw out my meat (which I forgot to do), and figure out how to season these things and cook them in a frying pan. Britton suggested just getting something out, but I was determined not to give up. I thawed the meat in the microwave (no brainer) and used leftover buns from the other night when eating at a friend's house (bless you, friend, for sending these home with us!). We marianated the meat with some soy sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic powder, then cooked them in some oil in the frying pan. We also made some sweet potato fries. We added cheese and bacon to our hamburgers, and we loved them. Just when I thought we'd be consuming food only becuase we needed to, giving no thought to it acutally being good, I was proven wrong by the Creator's provision and had an awesome meal. I love when I am surprised and blown away. Britton's favorite was the hamburgers, and my favorite was the fries.
Hungry Caden also ate up the food. I hate giving him stuff with so much grease in it, but we gave him some other healthy stuff (I guess that makes up for it!). He chowed down on the sweet potato fries and rubbed his greasy fingers through his hair. We could spike it up without any water.
He loves bath time. This is a glimpse of our bathroom. The shower head comes out of the wall and gets the floor all wet, including the toilet. No biggie, but we have no tub for Caden, so we got him this huge bucket. He loves playing in it, complete with a basket ball goal. I don't think I mentioned on here that he has another tooth! He's up to 6 now. After bath time tonight, we had some fun play time with lots of giggles.
I love when a night seems to be so bad and turns out so good.
No comments:
Post a Comment