It's hard to believe we have already been in our new city a week! It's been a roller coaster of ups and downs (mostly ups), but we are already feeling like this is home. Caden is having a hard time keeping milk down and Britton and I had a spell of sickness, but we have been so blessed with so much help around here. We haven't had to fix any meals, and the meals we have had have been amazing good! Our apartment is great (photos to come). We are on the fifth floor with a view of 2 tennis courts where a senior citizens group meets on one of them every morning for yoga with loud but peaceful music. We have a lot of great stores around here. Our city is big, beautiful, and very resourceful. I'm sure we'll go through phases, but right now, I love it. For now, here's a few photos of when we left.
Packed up. I don't think I wasted a bit of space. We had 3 carry on's and 6 suitcases. I don't regret packing anything we brought.
This is just before boarding Caden's first airplane. Our total travel was about 27 hours. Our parents got to go all the way to the gate because a lady saw us all crying at security. It was great to get to spend a little extra time with them but still difficult to say goodbye.
Caden so happy on his first flight. We got him a set of wings in the upper right hand side of his shirt. By the way, I'm pretty sure Caden cut another tooth on these flights. We discovered it once we got to our city.
happy daddy and baby
sleepy baby. Caden did great on the flight except for the first few hours of our second flight. He slept on take-off and landing on the first flight, about 6 hours on the second flight, and about 2 hours the last flight...all in all, great first flights. I'm glad it's over.
No comments:
Post a Comment