Sunday, October 21, 2012

Taking Grady 'Home'

If you're keeping track of how old Grady is then you know he's 18 days old. No, we have not been in the hospital that long. We were there for the normal 2 days then headed 'home' (which is actually our temporary apartment while here in Thailand). Gaga and Caden were waiting for us and colored a picture together for Grady's homecoming. Here's our last moments in the hospital and going home.

Such a sweet little face. Britton and I love picking him up because he's so light.
 Hard to believe this sweet face will drive us crazy one day! By the way, the kid loves mittens. He does not want a passie, tried sucking on his fingers, but is ultimately soothed the most when the mittens are on his hands. He likes to put them up by his face, so I'm thinking he'll just like cuddling with a blanket. The nurse checking us out took them off his hands and was going to keep them, and we immediately asked if we could have them. She reluctantly gave them to us.
 This was the view from our hospital room...quite lovely.
 I'm thinking he doesn't like his cute, elephant going home outfit as much as I do.
 Finally out of the hospital. It's nice having the help, especially nice having the nursery at night, but it was good to get to our own space. My mom brought us this sling, which I absolutely love. I'm kind of holding it here because it wasn't adjusted right the first time, but I really just feel pregnant again (without all the nausea and pain) when I wear him. I can use both my arms to do stuff, and Grady (for the most part) loves it (unless he gets hot, which is easy being here!). Oh, and it's reversible :o)
Snug as a bug. People's reactions are hilarious when they realize there's a baby in there.
 Grady's 'spot.' He will have the biggest room when we go back to our city, but for now he has his own little spot where he spends most of his time. I'm so thankful that the guesthouse we're staying at had this rocker and a pack'n play with an infant insert, so we wouldn't have to lean so far over every time we wanted to get him.
 
 Just the cutest little face...makes me want to be sleeping! Two cheers for a boppy! Caden loves to say 'baby boppy.'
 Big brother happy to see the baby
 being sweet...giving the baby a kiss (I love Britton's face as he gives an 'air' kiss).
 Periodically, Caden will run up and say 'hold baby,' so we sanitize his hands then let him hold Grady. He usually lasts about 15 seconds then pushes him away. What else do you expect from a 2 year old?!
 Glad to be home
My men. I am most certainly outnumbered now, but my heart is full of love.
 Welcome home baby Grady! You'll quickly learn that home is not this room you are in, but being in these arms that hold you.

No comments:

Post a Comment