Britton got a Thai driver's license! The vehicle we're allowed to drive here is a stick AND he's driving on the other side of the road. Fortunately, I think we're removed enough from driving in the states that he's transitioned really well. It's so nice just being able to get out and go whenever we want. Caden has learned to say seat belt because it's the first time he's ever needed to use one. I like that he says seat belt every time we get in the car.
That same day we first drove to the mall and walked around. I randomly said to Britton that I've been wanting to get the top of my ear pierced. So, I did! We're really living on the edge here. Ha! The next day I got my first haircut in a year. It feels so nice to have it shorter especially in this heat!
Caden had his very first happy meal. I love this picture because it's a great advertisement, but I really don't think he's all that impressed with a happy meal. As long as you give him ketchup, he'll eat anything.
We love the little neighborhood we're in. This is the view from our room. Caden loves saying 'house' these days because it's kind of the first time he's seen one and been able to say that word. He's used to seeing high rises.
Caden is really becoming a big boy. Last week, his passie broke, and he helped in making the decision to throw it away. The first night he cried for about 30 minutes then after that he was great. If he brings it up, we remind him what happened and he says, "Pa broke, I throw in trashcan (he says trashcan in our local language). Bye bye, Pa." I nearly cried when it all happened because I felt like he was really becoming a little boy and throwing away his babiness. But I'm so proud of him for being such a big boy on his own. He's also learned to climb out of his bed with a lot of ease. It's really strange for him to run in the room after we laid him down. We're hoping to transition him to a mattress on the floor soon. He's also started sleeping with a pillow and loves talking about it all the time. I love that he's making all these transitions right before the biggest transition of becoming a big brother!
I've loved the bonding time we've had here. That will be baby Grady's pack and play.
I think Caden has loved some extra attention too.
Melt my heart sweet. Obviously, this was before Pa broke.
There's a great nearby park, although it's got a lot of nasty bugs and it's just so hot. We still enjoyed a little bit of play time. I love my sweet boy.
This is such a goofy picture of me, but I love Caden stretching up to kiss the baby.
He totally did this on his own, and I think it's hilariously. Can't you just hear him saying, "Roar!"?
So pretty
Popsicle flavors are somewhat unknown with this one included. There was a weird strawberry casing around it then a strange lime taste, but it satisfied all of our hot feelings. This little boy can sweat with the best of them.
This kid runs all over the place. I can't keep up! That's what a daddy and a zoom button are for!
Some of our time here, we were able to go to the pool in the community we're staying in. It's a private school and some people signed us in to use it. The first round part you see is just the kiddie pool...it's the size of most regular pools! You can't even see all of it in the picture. Caden loved walking around in his own pool. I was able to go once by myself and lay in the sun enjoying reading 'The Hunger Games.' I loved floating in the pool feeling weightless...what pregnant woman doesn't?!
We've had a lot more fun, and I'll try to do one or two more posts of our time thus far, but it might be interrupted by a baby announcement...we shall see!







.jpg)
-2.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment