Friday, October 19, 2012

Thai Time (Part 5) - Date Night

Wow, this post seems like it happened ages ago...probably because since then we've had a baby and my parents have visited us and already left! It's so sad that we took them to the airport last night. As I type, they're on a plane back to the good ole USA. I laugh a lot because my dad was talking about the food he was missing after a week (and we ate western food the whole time they were here)! I could write a whole post on the food I want to eat in order of importance! Their time here was priceless. It's just nice to imagine the room I'm sitting in full of their presence. It's amazing how after a year of not seeing them, we just picked up where we left off as if there was no distance. I miss them already, but we're already talking about when we can see them again :o)

A few days before Grady was born, Britton and I were able to go out on a date. My mom hung out with Caden, which they became the best of buds. The night was great, and I wouldn't have changed anything. We talked about where we wanted to go and what we wanted to do, and surprisingly and hysterically, we both wanted to eat at Burger King for dinner...haha! That is what happens when you've been overseas for a year! We both had a whopper combo, and it was so delicious! What makes a great meal is satisfying both our tummies :o)
 After eating, we walked around the night bazaar area and did a little shopping. We finished up around 8 and realized Caden was just going to bed. We sure didn't want to get back right after he went down and waste our one date night out. So, we headed to a different mall to see if a movie might be playing. We got there, picked a movie, bought some candy, and headed on in to see a movie (we've seen a movie in a theater in months).
 The theater we went to was incredibly nice. We only paid $5 for each of our tickets! Once we got in the theater, we saw that the back row had the nicest leather recliners. I immediately asked Britton, "Why aren't we sitting there?!" Well, we went back out to see what we needed to do to sit there, but the lady that helped us probably understood 30% of our English. She changed our seat but not to the recliners, so we just sat there anyway and said we would move if we had to. About half way through the movie, a man came in asking to see our tickets. We said we'd pay the difference, but we'd have to pay $20 (on top of our $10) to sit there. So, we just kindly (Britton was kind...I made sure he saw my 9 month belly :o) ) moved forward to the regular seats, but at least my feet were propped up for half the movie :o)
 I love date nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment