If I read the title 'Fresh Veggies' on a blog post, I probably would pay it no attention. I have picky eaters in my home so our veggies are few. The older I get though, the more I am loving veggies. My mom can attest to that. It used to be I only wanted chicken nuggets. I still don't mind chicken nuggets anytime, but veggies just seem to satisfy a craving that your body yearns for. I used to say when I was younger that the reason why older people like vegetables is because their taste buds are worn out and they can't taste them. Ha! I've come to really enjoy the different tastes of vegetables. I probably like them now because I've figured out how to really fatten them up (i.e.-add lots of butter and cheese)!! My new friend here has been so great to help me really 'experience' our city. She's taken me to tea shops, book stores, and different restaurants. Next time, we are going to get our hair done together...not cut, just styled. It's super cheap and the way you say it here is literally translated "make/do hair." One particular day (an absolutely beautiful day, I might add), she took me to her own rented garden in a nearby city. Britton and I love going to this city because there is a huge, beautiful park there. Little did we know we had travelled right by my friend's garden several times. She had so many great looking veggies, and she gave me a huge bag of them. She had more veggies than she knew what to do with!
Many people rent/own a small piece of land and pay someone to plant and take care of their crops. This blue sky, sunny day is rarely seen here! I was afraid we would go and dread through wet soil, but it was perfect weather. Since then, it's been cold and wet.
my friend picking one of her huge carrots
beautiful fresh lettuce
My friend, me and Grady
beautiful broccoli...you can't really tell in the picture, but this broccoli is really really huge. It was so tasty, and I also loved the cauliflower.
really just beautiful scenery
No comments:
Post a Comment