The last day of the first week just before all the childcare workers left, they gave the adults and hour of free time for a mini-date. Britton and I walked around the park next to our hotel. It was nice to talk and catch up. There was this crazy rock sidewalk that was supposed to be foot therapy. I'm pretty sure you're supposed to follow the specific instructions on a board for it to work, but they were all in characters. Oh well, made for a good laugh.
We had to find a way to have fun in our room. Gotta love his face.
Our first Saturday there when Britton didn't have class, he let me take Caden out for breakfast. I told him I felt like I had not had quality time with just Caden since Grady is practically attached me. We went across the street to a coffee shop and I got coffee and we shared a waffle (unfortunately, here in Asia, they don't like syrup and give you honey instead...blah, but Caden still liked it). We were going to go to the park too, but it was raining. Bummer. Caden just kept trying to run out of the door, so it wasn't like we had this amazing conversation over breakfast (what 2 year old can?!), but he talked about his waffle with mama the rest of the day.
Another day without childcare, the ladies went to the science museum where they have a huge play area with lots of different activities. I felt like this was the closest Caden's ever gotten to doing gymnastics. He's gotten really good with his flips assisted by me. A few of the ladies including myself left a little late, and we had a trip getting there. The taxi driver wrongly assumed we were following the taxi of foreigners in front of us and we went completely in the wrong direction for 30 minutes. After an hour taxi ride with 4 adults and 5 kids and 1 in the womb (not mine!) we got to the museum. Then the playground had to close for cleaning. So, we grabbed some lunch and went back to play as our time ran into nap time. We went home with our cranky kids, but I think they all had a fun time. At least we were all there together.
Giant Lego mania
Caden's favorite area was the computers. They weren't turned on, so I thought it was okay for him to play with...at least no one said anything. He's probably responsible for that keyboard hanging off the desk on the left side. Oops. Could've been another crazy kid...not my angel!
One night toward the end of our trip, we went to the Chiang Kai-Shek memorial. He was a political and military leader. The memorial was beautiful and wide open spaces. We let Caden run around, but once again, the drizzling rain forced us to leave pretty quickly. Me and my two boys...Caden looks like he wants me to put him down so he can run off. No surprise there.
So pretty, especially at night.
This was the actual memorial and our attempt to get a picture in the dark.
+(1)-2.jpg)
+(5).jpg)
+(6).jpg)
+(7).jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment