Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Let's go to the movies...

So far, from my posts, you'd never know we were in Taiwan. From just the pictures, you could guess we were in Atlanta let alone Taiwan (I'm sure my parents would love that!). This post is no different. By this time, we hadn't seen any 'sights' of Taiwan yet because of our packed schedule, but we still found ways to have fun. We decided before we left that one thing we wanted to do was take Caden to his first movie. Our weekly movie date has proved that he can actually stay still for a short amount of time...quite a miracle! Unfortunately, the only weekend and only full day with nothing planned we had there it rained the whole time! :o( We really thought Saturday was going to be a bust, but Britton went searching to find a theater and movie to see. As is normal, a movie was playing that's actually almost out on video (they make it to this side of the world a little later). The movie was "Wreck-It Ralph," an animated movie about a bad guy in an arcade game who no longer wants to be the bad guy. It's a really cute movie, and we will be purchasing it on itunes. I highly recommend it for all ages. My favorite line is the villains' motto: "I am bad and that's good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me." I really can't wait to see it again. The movie was in 3D, so we were a little concerned with how Caden would do with that. He didn't wear the glasses through the movie, but you could still see the movie fine...it was just blurry at times. He laughed and sat still through the whole movie and occasionally looked at us smiling and said "I watch a movie!" Grady slept the whole time and woke up twice, but I fed him and he went right back to sleep...win for everyone! All in all, great experience for the whole family!

For whatever reason, in Asia they don't let you sit down until the movie is supposed to start. You also pick your seat when you purchase the ticket, but we still had to be there 30 minutes early to pick up our tickets. Weird. So, we walked around to kill some time. They also like to play a ton of previews and commercials and short films adding 45 minutes or so to the movie time. Ugh. When we were in Thailand having Grady, the movie theater played Thailand's anthem and we actually had to stand up! Culture is an amazing thing.
 Wreck-It Ralph. The voices in this movie were perfect for the characters.
 Caden wearing his 3D glasses...at least for a picture anyway.
 Grady (aka, me) wanted in on the fun.
 Britton wanted in on the fun too. I was concerned Caden couldn't see over the chair in front of him, and as soon as I said that to Britton a guy brought a booster cushion to us. It was a perfect prop for Caden to see.
 We're just a 3D family. I'm so glad I was against the wall...made nursing a lot easier!
Fun Times

No comments:

Post a Comment