I had many frustrations on this trip with one of them being not getting to go out as a family to actually see Taipei since Britton didn't get out of class until 5. Fortunately, our last day there our flight didn't leave until that night, so we decided to do some sight seeing. We first bought me some boots I had my eye on then bought some underwear for Caden. We are planning to start potty training this week. We grabbed some lunch at McD's then headed to Taipei 101, the second tallest building in the world (the tallest is in Dubai, in case you were wondering). There was a Baskin Robbins there (Britton and Caden enjoyed some ice cream) then we headed to the 35th floor where a Starbucks was and where I enjoyed my last mocca before returning (although our corner store in our neighborhood now has imported mocca packets for 50 cents a packet...score and so yummy!). We didn't go to the top because it costs $15 a person to get up there. What a rip-off. I guess that's what they have to do to keep the electricity going. The views were still incredible even from the 35th floor. I can't imagine being on the 101st! The weather was incredible and it was such a beautiful day. It was the perfect way to finish off our trip and left me feeling all-around happy with our crazy adventure!
Perfect blue sky
Taipei 101. The way to get in was very confusing and people kept telling us different things. It was very annoying, but we eventually made it to the right place.
Just outside the building. I'm pretty sure this is in New York too. Caden loved playing on it...obviously.
Britton wanted to play too.
So did I.
Look down here! He looks so old!
Woah. That's really tall.
Grady had his own fun.
Inside they were still decorated for Christmas.
Caden really liked the ball ornaments. The tree was made out of recycled products.
In Starbucks on the 35th floor. There was a perfect window seat for Caden to sit in.
The wide wide world
so pretty
another view
driving away
No comments:
Post a Comment